Joint Managing Director, TVS Motor Company, India
Fresh, Dynamic and Driven, Sudarshan Venu brings a refreshing outlook to brand TVS.
Being an automotive enthusiast, he grew up amidst the roar of engines of India’s oldest factory racing team. Driven by passion, he has motorbiked in 4 continents. These experiences suit Sudarshan Venu well, as he charts the future of one of India’s leading 2-wheeler manufacturer, TVS Motor Company as its Joint Managing Director. Under Sudarshan Venu’s leadership, TVS Motor has already seen a turnaround in the Market Share and has been the Most Awarded Two - Wheeler Company. It’s a testimony to focus that Sudarshan Venu’s focus, that TVS Motor has been voted No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction for 2 years in a row by the prestigious J. D. Power Awards.
Sudarshan has played a pivotal role in the expansion of TVS Motor Company in Central America in partnership with Masesa, for distribution of two-wheelers and three-wheelers in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua.
Sudarshan holds a Graduate Degree with Honors in the Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology from the University of Pennsylvania. He also obtained B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the School of Engineering and B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School. Mr. Venu completed M.Sc. in International Technology Management from the Warwick Manufacturing Group attached to University of Warwick in U.K.
Sudarshan is the Joint Managing Director of TVS Motor Company. In addition to that he holds a number of key positions within the company. He is a Member of the Board at Sundaram - Clayton Ltd. In addition, he also has been instrumental in the setting up and success of Emerald Haven (Realty) and TVS Credit Services (non-deposit NBFC). He serves on both these boards as well.
Sudarshan Venu in the news
- Expansion curve sores up in Central America for TVS with Sudarshan Venu roping in Masesa - Business Standard.
- Rs 500 crore revenue in three years! Sudarshan Venu to create massive TVS success story in Central America - Economic Times
- 500-600 TVS outlets to crop up in five Central American countries as a result of Sudarshan Venu’s partnership with reputed local group, Masesa - The Hindu Business Line.
- “Bikes upto 200cc are to be shipped to Central America for expansion across this region” states Sudarshan Venu, Joint Managing Director,TVS Motors - The Hindu.
- “TVS aims to garner 25 per cent of the $250-million market.”says Sudarshan Venu on the expansion of TVS in Central America - New Indian Express.